iCloud is an extensive platform invented by Apple and combines a whole range of communication services. With iCloud email (iCloud Mail), you can access your emails from any of your Apple devices, and also you can manage calendars and contacts. Where the email consists of citation to a meeting, you can sync that quotation with your calendars and contacts who will also attend the meeting, It makes rescheduling much easier. If you receive an email it will be immediately accessible in all your devices (so you can grab it from any of the device you have in hand).
iCloud Mail enables you to use these email addresses- @me.com, @iCloud.com and @mac.com .
iCloud mail set up
When you finish the setting up your iCloud account, you’ll be taken to the next step to set up your iCloud Mail account. It’s easy to do, and only takes few minutes. If you skipped it during set up of your device below mentioned steps will cover how you can set it up now from your Mac, Windows PC, Device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) and even online.
- Go to settings
- Select your name on the top
- Select iCloud
- Switch on Mail
- A pop-up will appear press create
- Select the email address of iCloud you want
- Select next
- Verify your satisfaction towards it you will not be able to change it afterwards.
- Click on Done
Once you click done all your email will appear in the Mail app.
on a Mac:
- In the top left corner select the Apple Menu
- Tab on system preferences
- Tab on appleID then iCloud if you are using Mac OS catalina10.15 or later
- Simply tab on iCloud if you are using Mac OS catalina10.14 or earlier
- For mail select the tick box
- Select your iCloud email address
- Click on ok
- Tab on create only when you are fully satisfied with the email account you have selected.
iCloud mail on windows PC:
This is a bit complicated set up, but once it’s installed it makes things much simpler. Just verify you have downloaded and installed iCloud for Windows on your Windows PC before you perform any task iCloud on a Windows PC, but assuming that you have done this, then complete the following steps:
- Make sure that Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later is installed
- Start iCloud for Windows
- Open Mail>Contacts>Calendars>Tasks>Apply
- You would be able to view your iCloud Mail account to the left of the screen in your navigation pane
- Tab on the disclosure triangle to the left of your account to help you to see or visit your iCloud mail accounts in Outlook.
Synchronizing iCloud mails, calendars and contacts
- Open Settings>iCloud>type your Apple ID and password
- Verify Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks are together with the apps you want to sync using iCloud.
- Open the Apple menu
- Choose System Preferences>iCloud
- Verify that you choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks
On windows PC:
- Verify that you have downloaded and installed iCloud for Windows.
- Go to iCloud for Windows
- Now you need to move forwards and sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Verify that you have selected tasks ,contacts Calendars and Mails.
On website of icloud:
To access any information synced with iCloud follow the below given steps and for any further information you can also visit icloud email page:
- Open www.iCloud.com
- Now you need to sign in to your iCloud account
- You will need to click ‘verify’ and follow the instructions if you are having 2 step verification
- After logging in, you can access any of the services you want to by iCloud online.
Synchronizing iCloud mails with Gmail contacts
- open Settings>Mail Contacts and Calendars>Add Account
- Choose Google>type your name, email address and password
On iPad and iPhone:
- Go to iPhone or iPad’s setting app
- Click on Accounts passwords>Add account>Google
- Type your email and password
- Click on next
- Turn on the Contacts
- Click on Save at the top
Open your iPad or iPhone’s contacts app to start syncing.
- On Mac computer, open System Preferences.
- Tab on Internet Accounts.
- Tab on Google.
- Now type your mail address and password one by one.
- Tab on Next.
- Verify the Contacts
- Now click on Done.
On windows 10 computer:
- On your windows computer open Settings
- Tab on Accounts>email and app contacts>Add an account>Google
- Type your email I’d and email password
- Now you need to evaluate permissions, then click allow
- Tab on Done.
Your Google contacts synchronize to your Android device at the time of sign in. Alters to your contacts will itself sync to keep them up to date and backed up. If you are using more than one google accounts in a single device, Google contacts from all accounts will sync to the device.
Note: If you are using work or school Google Account, download the Contacts App to get all contact features.